In view of the continued spread of COVID-19 and in keeping with HSE guidance a decision has been taken to postpone the closing date of this competition until further notice.
Kindly Sponsored By
We invite children (3rd to 5th Class) attending primary schools in the greater Ballinasloe area to participate in our first Children’s Art Competition.
The theme of our competition is ‘The Lord is My Shepherd’ (Psalm 23).
We encourage children to develop this theme with regard to the person of Jesus, or His mother, Mary.
The competition will be divided into two categories:
* Category A – Senior (3rd to 5th Class)
* Category B – Children with Special Educational Needs (3rd to 5th Class).
Prizes (for each category)
Large Easter Egg Hamper and a €50 voucher for children’s section of Veritas’ Online Religious Giftware & Bookstore.
Medium Easter Egg Hamper and a €30 voucher for children’s section of Veritas’ Online Religious Giftware & Bookstore
First and second prize winners will also win a €40 voucher for the children’s section (excluding Grow in Love resources) of Veritas Online Bookstore (www.veritasbooksonline.com) for their school library.
Closing Date for Entries
Friday 20th March 2020
Applications Forms (hardcopy) will be circulated to the principals of all primary schools in the greater Ballinasloe area.
They can also be downloaded from here:
This competition was launched at the end of the 12 noon Mass in St. Michael’s Church, Ballinasloe, on Sunday February 23rd 2020.
Results will be announced on this website on Thursday 2nd April and communicated via email to participating schools. Parents / Guardians of winners will also be contacted by phone.
Terms and Conditions
1. The closing date for entries is Friday 20th March 2020. This date is final. Entries received after this date will not be submitted to the judges.
2. The words ‘The Lord is my Shepherd’ do not have to be illustrated on artwork. We are looking for the child’s interpretation, mindful of the person of Jesus or Mary, through his/her art.
3. This competition is reserved to children living or attending school in the greater Ballinasloe area. This is defined as the territory comprising the Roman Catholic parishes of:
4. Children of all Christian denominations, other world faiths and of families who do not hold a religious world view are welcome to enter.
5. Child’s name, class and school must be clearly printed on the entry form provided (see above). Art work with incomplete entry forms will not be considered.
6. All entries must be submitted on A3 page (420 x 297mm). (Portrait or landscape is acceptable)
7. All art work must be certified by a teacher/SNA/facilitator or parent/guardian as being the unaided and original work of the entrant.
8. The art work can be painted or drawn, in pencil, charcoal, pen, ink, felt-tip marker, crayon, pastel, water colour, gouache, acrylics, oils, poster colour or collage. Prints done from a lino block, wood block or any other method will also be accepted. No computer aided design (CAD) may be entered.
9. It should be noted that once artwork is submitted it becomes the property of St. Grellan’s (Ballinasloe & District) Council of the Knights of St. Columbanus (competition facilitators and administrators). The art may be presented in various formats by St. Grellan’s Council and will not be returned by St. Grellan’s Council, except at its sole discretion.
10. All entries are accepted as original works. St. Grellan’s Council is not responsible for any breach of copyright. Each child may only submit one entry.
11. Please hand deliver (normal business hours) or post entries to:
CREIDEAMH.IE Children’s Art Competition,
c/o Hubert Dolan Electrical,
12. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Prizes will be presented at a short awards ceremony (7.30 – 8.00 pm) in The Clonfert Family Centre, Brackernagh, Ballinasloe, H53 NX59 on Friday 3rd April 2020.
Please contact John Weldon, Creideamh Children’s Art Competition Liaison Person @ 087 9068032 / email@example.com
Thanks to all adults who encourage participation.