Children’s Art Competition 2023
Kindly sponsored by Ballinasloe Credit Union, Garbally View Nursing Home, Gullane’s Hotel, Hubert Dolan Elecrical, Salmon’s Department Store, Ballinasloe, and St. Grellan’s (Ballinasloe & District) Council of the Knights of St. Columbanus
This competition is open to all children (3rd to 6th Class) attending a primary school in the Clonfert Diocese and in the parish of Moore-Clonfad (Tuam Diocese), and to all children of similar age (8 to 13 years) who are being home-schooled and residing in a parish of the Clonfert diocese.
The competition is divided into four categories:
* Category A – Children in 5th or 6th Class
* Category B – Children in 5th or 6th Class with Additional Educational Needs
* Category C – Children in 3rd or 4th Class
* Category D – Children in 3rd or 4th Class with Additional Educational Needs
Choice of Subjects
Categories A & B
- Mary of Magdala meets Jesus (John 20:11-17)
- The Holy Spirit comes to the disciples (Acts 2:1-4)
- My favourite saint from the bible (Old Testament characters can be included).
- Jesus calms the storm (Mark 5:35-39)
Categories C & D
- Mary visits her cousin Elizabeth (Luke 2:39-45)
- A scene from my favourite bible story
- Zacchaeus meets Jesus (Luke 19:1-10)
- Jesus ascends into heaven (Luke 24:50-53)
A prize-winning certificate will be awarded to the child who presents the best entry from each school.
A prize-winning certificate will also be awarded to the child who presents the best entry from among the children who are being home-schooled.
First Prize (all four categories)
A Winner’s Certificate and an Art Hamper Voucher (which can be used to purchase paints, colouring markers, stetch pad, pens, pencils etc.) to the value of €50.00.
Second Prize (all four categories)
A Runners-up Certificate and an Art Hamper Voucher (which can be used to purchase paints, colouring markers, stetch pad, pens, pencils etc.) to the value of €35.00.
Third Prize (all four categories)
A Runners-up Certificate and an Art Hamper Voucher (which can be used to purchase paints, colouring markers, stetch pad, pens, pencils etc.) to the value of €25.00.
First, Second and Third Prize Winners in each category will also win a copy of The Catholic Children’s Bible (St. Mary’s Press edition) for their classroom.
Closing Date for Entries
Friday 26th May 2023.
Friday 16th June 2023
8 – 9 pm, Gullane’s Hotel, Ballinasloe.
The prize-giving ceremony is being integrated into a Social Gathering that will follow a special Mass at 7 pm in St. Michael’s Church, Ballinasloe. For more details visit www.creideamh.ie/pioneers .
Entry Form (click the icon to access)
Terms and Conditions
1. The closing date for entries is Friday 26th May 2023. Entries received after this date will not be submitted to the judges.
2. The judges are seeking the child’s interpretation, mindful of the person of and mission of Jesus.
3. This competition is reserved to children living in or attending a school in the Clonfert diocese or the parish of Moore-Clonfad (Tuam diocese).
4. Children of all Christian denominations, other world faiths and of families who do not hold a religious world view are welcome to enter.
5. Child’s name, class and school must be clearly printed on the entry form provided (see above) and the entry form must be stapled to the back of the art work. Art work with incomplete entry forms will not be considered.
6. All entries must be submitted on either an A3 or A4 page (420 x 297mm). Portrait or landscape is acceptable.
7. All art work must be certified by a teacher/SNA/facilitator or parent/guardian as being the unaided and original work of the entrant.
8. The art work can be painted or drawn, in pencil, charcoal, pen, ink, felt-tip marker, crayon, pastel, water colour, gouache, acrylics, oils, poster colour or collage. Prints done from a lino block, wood block or any other method will also be accepted. No computer aided design (CAD) may be entered.
9. It should be noted that once artwork is submitted it becomes the property of the Clonfert Diocese. The art may be presented in various formats by the diocese and competition sponsors and will not be returned to children, families or schools, except at its sole discretion.
10. Word bubbles may be used and favourite saints (Categories A & B, No. 3) and favourite bible scenes (Categories C & D, No. 2) should be named.
11. All entries are accepted as original works. The competition organisers or sponsors are not responsible for any breach of copyright.
12. Each child may only submit one entry.
13. Please hand deliver (normal business hours) or post entries to one of the following:
Clonfert Children’s Art Competition,
c/o The Presbytery,
Clonfert Children’s Art Competition,
c/o Loughrea Parish Office,
St. Brendan’s Cathedral,
Loughrea , Co. Galway.
This office is open Monday to Friday 9.30 to 5.30 pm.
Clonfert Children’s Art Competition
Portumna Parish Office,
c/o The Parochial House,
Portumna, Co. Galway.
Entries from each school must be placed in separate envelopes, i.e. according to category .
14. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. A Prize-giving ceremony will take place during a Social Gathering in Gullane’s Hotel, Ballinasloe, on the evening of Friday 16th June 2023. Prize-winners will be notified through their schools / parents (home-schoolers).
Click below to access a short PowerPoint presentation to assist teachers and parents introduce this competition to 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th Class pupils.
Please contact John Weldon, Clonfert Diocese’s Children’s Art Competition Liaison Person @ 087 9068032 / email@example.com
2021 & 2020 CREIDEAMH CHILDREN’s
ART COMPETITON RESULTS
1st: Isobel Dermody, Cooloo NS, Moylough.
2nd: Kate O’Sullivan, Killimor NS, Killimor.
3rd: Conor O’Cleirigh, Scoil Ui Cheithearnaigh, Ballinasloe.
Joint 1st: Patrick Stokes & Brian Óg McGarvey, Tisrara NS, Ballyforan-Dysart-Tisrara.
Congratulations to the winners, their teachers, school communities, parents and families. Condolences to all who experienced disappointment on not winning on this occasion.
Launch Photo 2020
Updated: 25th April 2023