Kindly Sponsored By
The competition was open to all children (3rd to 5th Class) attending primary schools in the greater Ballinasloe area.
The theme of the competition was ‘The Lord is My Shepherd’ (Psalm 23).
We encouraged children to develop this theme with regard to the person of Jesus, or His mother, Mary.
The competition was divided into two categories:
* Category A – Senior (3rd to 5th Class)
* Category B – Children with Special Educational Needs (3rd to 5th Class).
We received no entries for Category B.
Prizes (for each category)
€30.00 cash prize and a €50 voucher for children’s section of Veritas’ Online Religious Giftware & Bookstore.
€20 cash prize and a €30 voucher for children’s section of Veritas’ Online Religious Giftware & Bookstore
First and second prize winners also won a €40 voucher for the children’s section (excluding Grow in Love resources) of Veritas Online Bookstore (www.veritasbooksonline.com) for their school library.
At the request of the adjudicators, owing to the high standard of entries, a third and fourth prize were added.
€20 cash prize
€20 cash prize
Closing Date for Entries
Friday 18th September 2020
Applications Forms (hardcopy) were circulated to the principals of all primary schools in the greater Ballinasloe area.
They were also downloadable from here:
This competition was launched at the end of the 12 noon Mass in St. Michael’s Church, Ballinasloe, on Sunday February 23rd 2020.
Results were announced on this website on Wednesday 23rd September 2020 and communicated via email to participating schools.
Terms and Conditions
1. The new closing date for entries is Friday 18th September 2020. This date is final. Entries received after this date will not be submitted to the judges.
2. The words ‘The Lord is my Shepherd’ do not have to be illustrated on artwork. We are looking for the child’s interpretation, mindful of the person of Jesus or Mary, through his/her art.
3. This competition is reserved to children living or attending school in the greater Ballinasloe area. This is defined as the territory comprising the Roman Catholic parishes of:
4. Children of all Christian denominations, other world faiths and of families who do not hold a religious world view are welcome to enter.
5. Child’s name, class and school must be clearly printed on the entry form provided (see above). Art work with incomplete entry forms will not be considered.
6. All entries must be submitted on A3 page (420 x 297mm). (Portrait or landscape is acceptable)
7. All art work must be certified by a teacher/SNA/facilitator or parent/guardian as being the unaided and original work of the entrant.
8. The art work can be painted or drawn, in pencil, charcoal, pen, ink, felt-tip marker, crayon, pastel, water colour, gouache, acrylics, oils, poster colour or collage. Prints done from a lino block, wood block or any other method will also be accepted. No computer aided design (CAD) may be entered.
9. It should be noted that once artwork is submitted it becomes the property of St. Grellan’s (Ballinasloe & District) Council of the Knights of St. Columbanus (competition facilitators and administrators). The art may be presented in various formats by St. Grellan’s Council and will not be returned by St. Grellan’s Council, except at its sole discretion.
10. All entries are accepted as original works. St. Grellan’s Council is not responsible for any breach of copyright. Each child may only submit one entry.
11. Please hand deliver (normal business hours) or post entries to:
CREIDEAMH.IE Children’s Art Competition,
c/o Hubert Dolan Electrical,
12. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Prizes will be presented to children in their schools the week beginning Monday September 21st 2020.
Please contact John Weldon, Creideamh Children’s Art Competition Liaison Person @ 087 9068032 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to all adults who encourage participation.
Updated: 2nd October 2020