Children’s Art Competition 2022
Kindly Sponsored By
Roscommon & Gort
St. Grellan’s Council
(Ballinasloe & District)
Knights of St. Columbanus
Competition Results 2022
Brian Óg McGarvey
The competition is open to all children (3rd to 6th Class) attending a primary school in the greater Ballinasloe area (see list of parishes below).
Choice of Subjects (4)
- After Jesus rose from the dead he cooked a special breakfast for some of his disciples. You can read about it in Chapter 21, verses 1 to 13 of St. John’s Gospel. Draw a picture of Jesus serving his disciples.
- Many Christians believe that one of the first persons Jesus visited after the Resurrection was his mother, Mary. Draw a picture of Jesus visiting Mary. You may include a word bubble sharing the words you think Mary may have said to Jesus.
- In the Acts of the Apostles (Chapter 3, verses 1 to 10) there is a wonderful story about how Peter healed a man who was lame in the name of Jesus. Draw a picture of the family celebration the man would have had to celebrate his healing. Include a word bubble sharing what you think the man would have said to his family and friends.
- In Chapter 10, verse 11 of St. John’s Gospel Jesus says “I am the good shepherd, who is willing to die for the sheep”. He proved he was a good shepherd by dying to save us from sin and death. Jesus knows and loves us. Draw a picture of Jesus showing his love for you.
The competition is divided into two categories:
* Category A – Children in 3rd to 6th Class
* Category B – Children with Additional Educational Needs, 3rd to 6th Class
Prizes (for each category)
An Art Hamper (Paints, Colouring Markers, Stetch Pad, Pens, Pencils etc.) to the value of €50.00 and a copy of The Catholic Children’s Bible (St. Mary’s Press edition).
An Art Hamper (Paints, Colouring Markers, Stetch Pad, Pens, Pencils etc.) to the value of €40.00 and a copy of The Catholic Children’s Bible (St. Mary’s Press edition).
An Art Hamper (Paints, Colouring Markers, Stetch Pad, Pens, Pencils etc.) to the value of €30.00 and a copy of The Catholic Children’s Bible (St. Mary’s Press edition).
First, Second and Third Prize Winners in both categories will also win a copy of The Catholic Children’s Bible (St. Mary’s Press edition) for their classroom.
Closing Date for Entries
Tuesday 24th May 2022.
Entry Form (click the icon to access)
Terms and Conditions
1. The closing date for entries is Tuesday 24th May 2022. Entries received after this date will not be submitted to the judges.
2. The judges are seeking the child’s interpretation, mindful of the person of and mission of Jesus.
3. This competition is reserved to children living or attending school in the greater Ballinasloe area. This is defined as the territory comprising the Roman Catholic parishes of:
4. Children of all Christian denominations, other world faiths and of families who do not hold a religious world view are welcome to enter.
5. Child’s name, class and school must be clearly printed on the entry form provided (see above). Art work with incomplete entry forms will not be considered.
6. All entries must be submitted on either an A3 or A4 page (420 x 297mm). (Portrait or landscape is acceptable).
7. All art work must be certified by a teacher/SNA/facilitator or parent/guardian as being the unaided and original work of the entrant.
8. The art work can be painted or drawn, in pencil, charcoal, pen, ink, felt-tip marker, crayon, pastel, water colour, gouache, acrylics, oils, poster colour or collage. Prints done from a lino block, wood block or any other method will also be accepted. No computer aided design (CAD) may be entered.
9. It should be noted that once artwork is submitted it becomes the property of St. Grellan’s (Ballinasloe & District) Council of the Knights of St. Columbanus (competition sponsors). The art may be presented in various formats by St. Grellan’s Council and will not be returned by St. Grellan’s Council, except at its sole discretion.
10. All entries are accepted as original works. The competition organisers or sponsors are not responsible for any breach of copyright. Each child may only submit one entry.
11. Please hand deliver (normal business hours) or post entries to one of the following:
CREIDEAMH Children’s Art Competition,
c/o Hubert Dolan Electrical,
CREIDEAMH Children’s Art Competition
c/o St. Cuan’s College,
Ballinasloe, Co. Galway.
Entries must be placed in an envelope (individual or shared).
12. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. A Prize-giving ceremony will be arranged the week beginning Monday 13th June 2022, public health restrictions permitting.
Click below to access a short PowerPoint presentation to assist you introduce this competition to 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th Class pupils.
Please contact John Weldon, Creideamh Children’s Art Competition Liaison Person @ 087 9068032 / firstname.lastname@example.org
1st: Isobel Dermody, Cooloo NS, Moylough.
2nd: Kate O’Sullivan, Killimor NS, Killimor.
3rd: Conor O’Cleirigh, Scoil Ui Cheithearnaigh, Ballinasloe.
Joint 1st: Patrick Stokes & Brian Óg McGarvey, Tisrara NS, Ballyforan-Dysart-Tisrara.
Congratulations to the winners, their teachers, school communities, parents and families. Condolences to all who experienced disappointment on not winning on this occasion.
Launch Photo 2020
Updated: 20th April 2022